Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rockstar Status is Nice, But There's a Long Way To Go

Yes the articles in the paper, the clips on the TV, and the headlines are all nice...really nice. But i can't let myself get caught up with all that jazz, no matter how nice it is. I can't explain how nice this is too have my family members call and congratulate me. And going to school to have the teachers do the same, and younger football members keep telling me how good i did. "Hey Ryan remeber when you threw that touchdown???".... yea i've been getting that all week ha. But that's in my past now, and now i have this drive in me to put up the same stats every week. But stress comes along with that drive, pressure to put the same numbers or better every week. I'm trying hard to not let that get too me, im gonna saty humble about it. But sure enough after i throw another TD, im gonna be escatic for the team and myself. And all this attention brought to us is good, because most people have to take double look to see that they read the paper right. But thats only week 1, and we all know its gonna get tougher.
We had a real nice week of practiced,relaxed and confident. But still smash-mouth, because we all know we have a golden chance to do well. Watkins Glen is this week, well tmrw night, and there a better team but still beatable. And i also have a real nice oppurtunity to put up some good stats. Well that prety much sums it up. See ya in the papers!

2 comments:

PaulaO said...

That's a good thing to try to leave last week's game behind you, but difficult when you had such a good one... tough to balance. But I have confidence that you will be able to do it. I'm sorry I can't make the game tonight. I will be looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Remember that EVERY team can win on any given day, just as any team can lose.

Keep up the good work. Hope it doesn't rain too much.

Anonymous said...

I know you didn't do as well as you hoped this week, but you have to look for the little victories in loses like that becasue there are bound to be some. You guys gotta gel together or else nothing will happen. I know you guys can do it! Good luck this Friday!