Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Time To See What TheTeam is Made Of......

**Seein birdies flyin around** **Feeling like an anvil fell me on me** **Did i catch the license plate number ON THE TRUCK THAT JUST RAN OVER ME!** Yea, thats what was going through my mind after i got smoked in my last game in Watkins Glen. Maybe it was karma, because i had a real bad game and i deserved it? Nahhh, i dont think i did THAT bad......
I got a concussion that game, and I'm still a lil woozy and dazed. So i was forced, not voluntarily, to visit the doctors. By visiting the doctors I knew full well i would be held out for atleast a week....Yup! What do ya know! I'm out of action this week so i can recover, so that means Im going to miss Friday nights game at UV. I was originally bummed out becasue i havent missed a game, let alone a practice. But I'm going to take full advantage of it, and after 2 days of watching practice I have a different view of things. I like seeing how our practice runs and how it looks from the outside looking in, and it gives me a chance to hear what coaches say behind the players back. But I don't do that.... :)
Like i said, i had a bad game, partly because i let the stupid pressure get to me. And it was a high intensity, hard action, fast pace game. It was my first big game, and my nerves were up and my blood was pumping! But i'm glad that i have that big game under my belt. Hopefully it'll only take one of those, so i can relax and get back to normal....hopefully

2 comments:

PaulaO said...

Sorry you will be out of action for Friday's game. I'm sure it's killing you. Hope you are feeling better and will be able to get back to it next week.

PS Thanks for the DVD. I started watching it last night. Looking good in first game! :)

Anonymous said...

It's good to see that you are looking at the bright side of things. Concussions suck, but it puts things in perspective. Just practice hard this week so you'll be ready for the homecoming game. Cause guess what lil bro...big sister is comin to town :)